Young Writers Project is excited to be working with you in the coming year. This site has several improvements since last year:
- Spell check while you write
- A cleaner editor
- New sound player that works on iPads
- A "journaling" function that allows students to link related blogs together OR to add chapters to other students' stories.
Dormant, but available (Just let us know of your interest and we'll switch them on and show you how to use them):
- Teachers can grade individual posts and comments.
- Polls, wikis and "webforms" which allow for in-depth surveys.
- A direct record feature that requires Flash player.
YWP has an amazing team of Teacher Coaches this year; these folks have extensive experience as teachers and as digital explorer/learners. Please take advantage of their knowledge. One of them will be the primary Coach for your school.
This Digital Writing Classroom is set up for each student and teacher to have access to private classroom space. To access your space, or classroom, you must log in using the username and password you have been given for this site. None of the student email addresses is functional. Teachers have working email addresses.
Log in. YWP will work with a project contact to update the userlist on this site and will help teachers add new students and setup new class configurations. As a protocol, student users will have usernames of their FirstnameL(ast intial). So Barack Obama would be BarackO. If there happens to be two Baracks in the school, the second would have the second letter of his last name. So Barack Ossing would be BarackOs. Your teacher has your passwords.